JUNIOR WATER JUMP – Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- The Junior Water Jump competition is aimed at innovators and start-up companies only (incorporated for less than five years) and based in Europe.
- The competition is looking for projects, technologies, methods, and tools that are at least in the Technology Readiness Level Five (System/subsystem/component validation in relevant environment) (see TLR definitions: engl./german)
- The submitted solution must comprise a market innovation that leads to a significant competitive advantage over potential competitors. The nature of the competitive advantage and the innovation must be explained.
- At least one natural person has to be named as the originator of an idea or as a potential or current entrepreneur. If several persons enter a contribution together, they have to appoint a contact person from among their circle, who is entitled to represent the team in the competition.
- If applicable, the contact person is allowed to receive the prize as a representative of the other team members. If the business has already been started, the prize will be delivered to the company.
- The entry forms must be completed in English.
- If selected as finalists, the participants agree to present themselves and their business idea at the Water JPI Conference in Mülheim/Ruhr.
- If applicable, we recommend that participants register patents and property rights as soon as possible, ideally before submitting their documents for the competition. Please note that any non-confidential publication complicates or rules out a later protection.
- The decision of the jury is final and incontestable.
- Severability clause: Should individual clauses of the terms and conditions of participation be partly or completely ineffective, the other terms and conditions will still apply.